The Virtual Newcomer Information Centre (NIC) provides Employment Counselling, Settlement Information and access to Self-Serve Resource Centre.
If you are new to Canada, you probably have many questions and concerns. It can take many years to adapt to your new community; to understand and feel comfortable with English, to meet new friends, to understand Canadian culture and laws, and to find work. Moving to a new country can be challenging, but we are here to help!
We welcome you to use any of our online services for FREE;
- One-to-one support provided by Employment and Information Specialist
- Orientation to the job market and Canadian Workplace Culture
- Assistance with resume preparation
- Information & Referral Services on education, training, housing, government programs, legal and scial services, health care services, citizenship and more
- Online workshops and information sessions related to topics such as: Resume and Cover Letter, Interview Skills, Job Search Strategies, Adapting to Canadian Culture, Financial Literacy, Canadian Tax System and more
- Access to self-directed Virtual Resource Centre
You can access to niconline services if you be either:
- A permanent Resident
- A convention Refugee
We are here to welcome you to your new life in Canada!
Register now and get started with our online services today, and while you are here why not book an appointment (link) to meet with one of our Settlement Information Specialists in person!